Step by Step Instructions on How to Use the Layout
1. Go to your Customize page.
2. If you are using S1, switch to S2.
3. Under "Select a New Theme", type "Flexible Squares" in the Search box.
4. Click "Apply Theme" directly underneath the first search result.
5. Scroll down to "Choose a Page Setup", and click "Apply Layout" under "2 Column (sidebar on right)".
6. Click the button that says "Customize Selected Theme".
7. Under "Customize Your Theme", click "Text", then the light blue box entitled "Comments". More options should appear.
8. Change "Link text to leave a comment" to "comment?" and "Link text to read comments" to "#".
9. Click "Sidebar" on the left. Here you can decide what you would like to be displayed in the sidebar. (The text on top of the layout)
You can choose any number or combination of these to be displayed. Remember, to customize the links, click "Links List".
10. Click "Custom CSS" on the left. Change "Use layout's stylesheet(s)" to No. This is extremely important!
11. Copy and paste the following into the custom stylesheet box and click "Save Changes":
12. Go to your Manage Profile page. Under Bio, add the following:
PLEASE DO NOT NEGLECT THIS STEP.
REMEMBER, FOR FASTEST RESPONSE TIME, ASK ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE LAYOUT ON THIS POST!
How do I add a header?
Add this at the bottom:
margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
background-image: url(URL OF IMAGE HERE);
Change the height and width tags to match your image. You'll need to upload your image to the internet. I suggest tinypic.com.
My entries are starting halfway down the page!
You have a wide image somewhere. Go lj-cut this, and it will work.
Can I edit the colours, etc.?
Sure, if you give me credit for the base code!
My layout looks all messed up?!
99% of the time, making sure you have set "Use layout's stylesheet(s)" to No will fix this or making sure there is no text in the "Title of the blurb sidebar box" box.
Can I have my default userpic show up?
No, unfortunately you can't with this particular layout.
What if I don't want the sidebar on the top? Can I have the layout without it?
Yep! On your main Customize page, find "Choose a Page Setup" at the bottom. Click "Apply Layout" under "1 Column (no sidebar)".
If you have any questions concerning the layout, feel free to ask. Also, PLEASE comment if you decide to use this! Thank you.